Monday, October 4, 2010

I work tonight

Surprise. By the title of my first blog, you can see that I work tonight. I'm officially a PRN (as needed) nurse at a nursing home. I really never thought that this would be where I am at 24. It's not bad or good. It just is I suppose. I work two jobs, a nursing home and a coffee shop. Both shall remain annonymous in this blog for privacy and legal purposes. I don't even know how much legally I can write in here about my nursing experiences, I should probably find that out before I lose my license. I worry about plenty of other things, I doubt I could squeeze in worrying about my licensure. Although I'm sure I could find time to squeeze it in somewhere. I'm a bit of a worrier, if you know me you are more than aware of this. I guess that's the nice thing about working nights: I didn't sleep well anyway. And working two jobs has kept my mind occupied so when I do sleep I pass out.  I'm really nervous to go in tonight. I'm on my own now, and there's so many situations that I don't know what to do in, and there's only one RN in the entire building at night, and an LPN. Last week someone fell out of bed, then another resident became combative. What in the world do I do? Luckily another nurse was there with me, but I'm done with orientation and I'm on my own now. I should probably start praying. I'm studying and trying to learn as much as I can, but most of the learning I'm finding comes with experiencing troubles and falls and new patients. I want to be a good nurse, so I better keep studying. Oops I'm going to be late.

No comments:

Post a Comment